This 2 days course is for those who want to learn how to use the Tibetan singing bowls for yoga or healing sessions, incorporate this ancient instrument into their personal spiritual practice, or become a sound therapist. Students will be given ample time for hands-on exploration and immersion in the world of sound and vibrations. The training will be conducted in a small group of six for more personalised coaching.
Date: 12th and 13th December 2020
Time: 1pm to 4.30pm
Place: Trium Fitness 12 Kallang Ave #03-01 Singapore 339511
Fee: $500 for one pax and $800 for two pax
Topics to be covered:
Day 1 – Introduction to the Tibetan singing bowl
- Knowing the singing bowl - History of singing bowl
- Connection to singing bowl and its vibration
- Playing the singing bowl - Techniques of playing
- Use of different tools to create different sound and vibration
- Listening to the singing bowl - Heighten one’s awareness to the power of sound
- Opening your heart to the sound of singing bowl
- Sound healing through the eyes of modern science
Day 2 – Helping others with the singing bowl
- Therapy with singing bowl - Aura cleansing method and practice
- Chakra balancing method and practice
- Sound therapy method and practice
- Responsibilities of a sound therapist/facilitator
- Care of singing bowl
About the trainer: Stanley Lim
Stanley's interest in sound healing was sparked after receiving a Tibetan singing bowl sound bath from his friend. After the session, he experienced sound sleep like no other. He started to explore and do extensive research on the therapeutic value of sound vibrations, a journey that led him to various countries to study with singing bowl and gong masters. His current research focuses on the use of sound with health issues such as pain management, cognitive ailments like dementia and Alzheimers, and mental health issues like depression.
Stanley is an experienced registered yoga teacher (E-RYT500) with almost 20 years of work in yoga and holistic wellness. He incorporates the singing bowls and gong in his yoga classes and special workshops, and was recognised as one of the forerunners for popularising nada yoga in his previous company. He launched his first Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Pure Yoga Singapore in 2018. Sound therapy was one of the modules offered in his Yin Yoga Teacher Training, a module that was well-received by the trainees.
Sign up here via PayPal